About ISKCON Punjabi Bagh (New Delhi, India)
ISKCON Punjabi Bagh had a humble beginning in 1984 as a small temple and was shifted to its present premises on 15th July 2005. ISKCON Founder Acarya His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada always desired to establish the deities of Sri Sri Krishna Balaram in Delhi. Fulfilling the desires of Srila Prabhupada, under the guidance of HH Gopal Krishna Goswami Maharaj, the deities of Sri Sri Krishna Balaram were installed on the auspicious occasion of Radhastami in September 2007. This feat gave the temple the special status of being the ONLY Krishna Balaram temple in Delhi! Since then it has become one of the most popular temples in West Delhi! Indeed the deities are world famous for their exquisite beauty.
Over and above this, the temple is extremely popular in West Delhi for its wonderful, melodious, soothing evening kirtans and lively, energetic, dancing aarti kirtans.
ISKCON Punjabi Bagh is one of the most active preaching centres of Vedic Education and Culture in the whole world, taking care of thousands of devotees connected to the temple. Temple community celebrates several colorful functions like Sri Krishna Janmashtami, Ram Navami, Gour Purnima, Goverdhan puja, Nrsimha Chaturdasi etc with great pomp and show.
- ISKCON Children Forum: Preaching in schools. Our own Sunday school “Bhakta Prahalad School”.
- ISKCON Youth Forum: Preaching to the youth boys of age group 15-25 yrs.
- ISKCON Girls forum: Regular spiritual programs for girls of the age group 15-25 yrs.
- Congregational Preaching: Preaching to the householders. Training them in the practical aspects of Spiritual life.
- Cow protection: Our Goshala with more than 50 cows in Bahadurgarh.
- ISKCON Prison Ministry: Regular satsanga programs in Tihar and Rohini jails followed by free Srimad Bhagavat Gita distribution.
- Book distributions: ISKCON Punjabi Bagh is one of the leaders in the whole world; in fact the temple has been leading all the medium temples in the whole world in Srila Prabhupada’s books distribution.
- Nagar Sankirtans and Rath Yatras: Regular harinam sankirtans and Rath yatras are organized in various areas of Delhi, creating an auspicious environment for the benefit of the people of Delhi, simultaneously transmitting God Consciousness by propagating the sweet holy names of the lord.
- House program: Devotees can perform sankirtan and satsanga at your home for the glorification of the Supreme Lord, bringing auspiciousness for one and all.
Temple premises has a devotional gift shop and Govinda’s Bakery/ Snacks Restaurant.